Dr Anna Lavelle is an experienced Non – Executive Director serving for over 25 years on the boards of not for profit, government and for profit entities. As Executive Director and Non Executive Director she has a lengthy track record in healthcare delivery, technology development and negotiating policy/legislative outcomes.
Anna has a PhD in Genetics from the University of Melbourne and is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD). Anna is a Fellow of the Academy of Technology Science and Engineering (FTSE) and is also a Fellow of the Leadership Victoria Program. In 2015 Nature Scientific America, World View ranked Anna in the global top 100 “World Visionaries” in biotechnology. Anna was the only Australian to be named. In addition, Anna was awarded the Johnson and Johnson Industry Excellence Award in 2018 and the BioMelbourne Women in Leadership Award 2019.
From 2005 to 2016, Anna was the CEO of AusBiotech; the national industry association for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical devices sectors.
- 2021 - Present, Non Executive Director, Island Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- 2020 - Present, Non Executive Director, Cyban Pty Ltd
- 2019 - Present, Non Executive Director, Hemideina Pty Ltd
- 2018 - Present, Independent Chair, Medicines Australia Ltd (reappointed for three years December 2020-2023)
- 2018 - Present, Independent Chair, Avatar Brokers Pty Ltd
- 2018 - Present, NHMRC (National Health and Medical Research Centre), Health Innovation Advisory Committee, Ministerial appointment.
- 2017- Present, Chair Board Strategic Advisory Council, Medicines Australia